Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Is Anyone Listening?

As I write this I'm struggling with the concept of blogging. I've been taught that if I want to succeed (and I do), I need to keep up with what is going on with modern "gadgets", like blogging. After doing this for many weeks I'm kind of disenchanted with the results of my efforts. As far as I know not a single person has read anything I have written. If that is as true as I believe it to be I have to then look at things and ask why. Is it because my blogging is not inspiring enough to be read, is it because I'm not as popular as I think I am, or is it because people think I don't know what I'm talking about.
Lets take them in order. I gotta believe that nobody is interested in what I'm writing because they're not looking to buy or sell a home. I understand this but, quite a few if not all of us know someone who is going to be buying or selling soon. Although most of my sphere of friends know how long I've been in real estate there are a couple of other factors to consider. First, I used to work for a company that taught real estate agents how to make money. Second, my advisors and mentors are on pace to sell over 100 homes this year. I AM A PART OF THAT TEAM. Third, by suggesting me as their agent you will be helping them as well as me.
Am I not that popular? This is a hard one to gauge. If I say the wrong thing people will think I'm full of myself. If I say the wrong thing people will think I have no self confidence. I'm going to risk being thought of as vain and say I"M POPULAR. People like me.
Do I know what I'm talking about? According to my mentor and trainer I already know more than 80% of the other real estate agents in the field. This is because of the mentoring and training I have received not because of me. The people training me "talk the talk and walk the walk". They are succeeding in a market that is making a lot of real estate agents look for other jobs.
If you are reading my blogs let me know once in a while. If you're not, well I'll never know. Just let me say, I am capable and able to do the job. Give me a chance.

1 comment:

  1. I'm listening; really!
    Love you Dave. Keep on.
    Dad D.

    ReplyDelete