Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who Am I?

If you, by any weird chance, are one of my friends on facebook you might remember that I had made a comment last week about why do I try to be something I'm not. By some strange coincidence I had that affirmed to me at a seminar I attended on social networking. The speaker, Jeff Turner, said that people who share your real values, not the ones you would like to have, will create a social contact with you. He challenged us to figure out our values that are hard wired into us. I guess I need to confess "my sins". Here are the things I value:

1. Money. I can't escape this. It's what I want. I like fine living. I like toys. I
like the idea of not worrying about financial things. I have always wanted
people to think I had more than I actually had.
2. Fame. I don't know why but I want to be a celebrity. I want to stand out in a
crowd. I want to be important. I want to be relevant. I want to be somebody.
3. Integrity. I want people to obey the rules like I do. Lazy, inept drivers really
iritate me. People who can't put their shopping cart in the cart corral
drive me nuts. People who are too lazy to put groceries back on the shelf
where they got them from instead of throwing them anywhere ought to be
publically flogged.
4. Honesty. This is a hard one. I want people to be honest but I'ts hard sometimes
to be totally honest. Just try your best.
5. Loyalty. Be loyal to your family, your job, your church, your friends, and too
your self.
Quite a list don't you think? I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect but I'm true to myself and ready to admit it.
Well, time to get the shameless pitch over with. Look at #1, #3, and #4. These values ensure that no one is going to work harder at selling or finding your home. Do you want a Realtor with your best interests at heart or one that doesn't honestly share their values with you?
Great homes are for sale in Kent and Ottawa County. Call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment